Credit Unions for Kids is a nonprofit collaboration of credit unions, chapters, leagues/associations and business partners from across the country, engaged in fundraising activities to benefit 170 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Adopted as our movement’s charity of choice, credit unions are the 3rd largest sponsor of CMN Hospitals. Since 1996, CU4Kids has raised $150 million for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
One hundred percent of every dollar donated by members of the credit union movement goes back to the CMN Hospital which serves your community, your members. CMN Hospitals treat millions of children every year; in fact, it is the world’s largest children’s charity. Each year, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals:
- Provide $3.4 billion in charity care
- Support cutting edge, life-saving research
- Develop new, innovative technology which eases pain and lengthens lives
The Impact Of A Dollar At Your Local CMN Hospital
- $10,000 – Critical Care Crib
- $8,500 – Two Ventilators
- $5,000 – Three Pediatric Wheelchairs
- $3,500 – Five Nerve Stimulators
- $1,000 – One Pulsoximeter
- $500 – One Fetal Heart Monitor
- $100 – One Guitar or Keyboard
More Cost of Care tips here.
Every day, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals treat:
- 16,000 kids in the ER
- 935 kids for diabetes
- 2,218 kids for cancer
- 925 babies in the newborn ICU
- 2,329 kids for surgeries
Every hour, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals treat:
- 675 kids in the ER
- 39 kids for diabetes
- 92 kids for cancer
- 39 babies in the newborn ICU
- 97 kids for surgeries
* Entire Network
Since 1983, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals has raised more than $5 billion, most of it $1 at a time through the charity’s Miracle Balloon icon.
Join us in enhancing visibility for the credit union industry and, most importantly, helping the children in your community.
Children's Miracle Network Hospital Champions
Bailey (CA), Danielle (WV), Ramonie (IN) and Jack (IL)